6 years ago, I decided I needed to build a starter theme. At the time, I was freelance developer and spent a lot of time duplicating code for common elements across lots of projects.
Since then, a lot of things have changed for me – I started working at Pragmatic, bought a house, got married and have a 3 year old with another on the way.
I’ve always tried to make time for this side project – and I’m pleased to finally say that the initial release is ready.
My primary focus was on simplicity – adding just enough that there shouldn’t be a need to always be adding the same common elements but not so much that you’d be stripping the same things out each time.